Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ending The Night Terrors of the end table

So I picked up this little beauty at a middle school rummage sale a few weeks ago, for a mere $3.00.

I cleaned it, primed it and sprayed it with multiple coats of spray paint.  Then I antiqued it by applying a mixture of glaze, some brown acrylic paint I had on hand and a little bit of MinWood's Special Walnut stain.  It was still missing something, so I took some toile fabric that I had left over from another project, and decoupaged it onto the drawer. I attempted to put toile on the top, but it just didn't look right, so I ripped it off. The floral knob I picked up at the hardware store, and it was an ugly brassy color, so naturally I spray painted it.  Such fun, and this little end table was given a new life.

Sorry for any shadows that are in the pictures. I do not have a fancy SLR digital camera, so this is what you get!

Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. Well done. Love the picture of your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog! Your end table turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the toile on there! Love it! You go girl! It is beautiful. I need to start on my kitchen cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cherylann! I love the toile also! It was a fabric remnant that I had left over from when I did my studio chairs!

    Kitchen cabinets are on my to-do list as well. I plan on doing it this summer. We should do ours around the same time. - you up for a challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this!
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara - Thank you! And thanks for visiting my newly started blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a makeover! This turned about amazingly beautiful. Well done. Glad I stopped by.

    Melanie from The Frosted Gardner

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out darling! Oh... I found a link to your blog (and mine too!) on a RUSSIAN website. I’m sending the site and I also translated it with Babelfish translator. Thought you might get a kick out of this. Too funny!
    http://pegaskosmos.blogspot.com/

    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpegaskosmos.blogspot.com%2F&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by, and That is pretty funny! I noticed that I had a new follower that is Russian. Here is the crazy thing, I double majored in Russian for awhile when I went to college, but am a bit rusty. I can still read it though, speaking, not so well. However, I have a brother that is fluent in Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Jer that turned out pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, the nightstand is beautiful. Really nice job!

    ReplyDelete