Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Love Craigslist.

Who doesn't love an online garage sale? I check Craigslist multiple times throughout the day. Usually I am browsing on there while playing a game of Farkle against someone on Facebook. Deals are to be had on Craigslist! There is also a whole 'lotta overpriced junk, and interesting dissertations given by the seller, trying to sell their item. My  recent favorite was  a girl's Huffy bicycle I saw listed. What made this so interesting? The description of course. It read something like this, " Nice bike, low miles."  Low miles on a pedal bike? Since when do bicycles come equipped with odometers? That one had me giggling for awhile.
Anyway... every once in awhile you can find a nice piece of furniture for cheap, but you have to act fast.  This corner hutch I scored for just $30!  I nabbed it fast, bought it sight unseen and sent my husband to pick it up on Memorial Day. It is missing glass and has a little water damage on the back at the very bottom. I am thinking of either replacing the glass, putting in bead board instead of the glass, or perhaps some pretty fabric.  What do you think? I will paint it and perhaps update the hardware. I also think it would look great with a piece of molding a long the top. That part I will leave to my husband, since I am kind of klutzy with knife-like objects.  I have a few scars and battle wounds, to prove my point. The hutch is just one of many projects that I have in the works currently, so it may be awhile before I can do a big reveal.

In the meantime, I am on the hunt for an all wood dresser, for the right price of course, that I can turn into a media console.

2 comments:

  1. Glass. That is my vote. Having an open middle and two closed off spots might look off? But all of your stuff has looked great...so go with your gut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass, it keeps it open and you can display that gift you got for buying the house.

    ReplyDelete