Hopefully they enjoy the thought and time that went into these pendants and I can let go of some of my Obsessive/Compulsive tendencies and not worry what they think!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Last Minute Gift
It's the end of the wire in our neck of the woods. My girls will finish up with school this Thursday. Yes, I realize that it is later than a lot of you get out. In the meantime, I have been working on some crafts for the teachers as a thank you. One of my daughters is in Special Ed, and has a support staff that goes above and beyond for her. I stewed and stewed over what I could give these wonderful teachers that have worked so hard with her. At Christmas time, many of them received hand knit gifts from me.
I finally decided to make them each a Scrabble Pendant. I picked up a Scrabble game at a garage sale a few weeks ago and just got to work on them over the weekend, amongst many, many other projects. I would like to say that they all turned out perfectly, but they didn't. This is where I am in the process. For you my readers, I pulled out all the stops in my presentation. I decided to photograph them on a wax paper covered paper plate. Very Glam. No, some of them are still drying. I had a heck of a time driving all over town trying to find some Aaranku jewelry bails. After shopping at four different stores, I found just a few at an upscale bead shop. Then when I was attempting to glue them to the back of the tile with some Krazy glue, I made a mess and gummed up my fingers. I have never made any jewelry, unless you count stringing pony beads with my kids onto some elastic cording. Now, I am just trying to make the clasps on the necklace work and put it all together. In the end if I decide they don't look that great, well, I will just say that the kids made them... he he he...
Hopefully they enjoy the thought and time that went into these pendants and I can let go of some of my Obsessive/Compulsive tendencies and not worry what they think!
Hopefully they enjoy the thought and time that went into these pendants and I can let go of some of my Obsessive/Compulsive tendencies and not worry what they think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my, these are adorable! You must write a tutorial on how you did this project. These would be great as refrigerator magnets and such also!
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Hey, just a tip. Might want to add an email address somewhere on your blog so people can contact you, as I just tried to do! By the way, added you to my blog roll.
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Thanks Brenda, the email link is added. As for the Scrabble tutorial, I included the link. The original creator explains it quite well. Also, there is a section where others have included their tips etc.
ReplyDeletecrafty
ReplyDeleteJer those are so so cute. I want one! I think a tutorial would be a great idea.
ReplyDeleteJer can you plan on doing this as a craft when we come to Oregon this summer? I would love to learn how to do those!
ReplyDelete