I found these ugly 80's inspired plastic wall sconces at St. Vincent de Paul a few weeks ago. For $1.00 I thought it would be fun to see if I could transform them into something usable. What did I have to lose? So after cleaning them up, priming them and giving them a couple of coats of Heirloom White, this is what I ended up with! I am liking the new wall accents for my front entry.
I may change out the candles for a brighter red. It's all about seeing the potential and what something COULD be when you cast your eyes upon that garish object at the thrift store.
I'm linking this to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
I'm linking this to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest

They look so pretty painted white! Totally different and I LOVE that print in the middle!
ReplyDeleteManuela
Thank you Manuela. I like the picture of the poppies as well!
ReplyDeleteLove it. I have been collecting plastic sconces from the thrift store for several weeks now and spraying them black. I'm going to put them all up on one wall when I get enough. Every time I go I find at least one, lol! funny thing is, I don't remember ever seeing these before now!
ReplyDelete