Thursday, June 17, 2010

Who doesn't love toile?

So I finished the little French Chair.

I did the usual of priming it and then painting it with Heirloom White. I glazed it a bit, but you just can't really tell with the lighting in this picture.

However, to me it still feels like it is missing something.
I am thinking of painting it a deep red instead, to match the red in the toile - what do you think - repaint it?  Keep it the same?

So just where did this love for toile come in?  A couple of years ago, I was on the hunt for some chairs to put in my music studio for clients to sit on when they come for a consultation, or for students to use while waiting for their lesson. I found a set of cherry stained dining chairs at St. Vincent de Paul for $14.00. 


 I didn't bother to refinish the wood since it seemed fine to me, but just changed out the upholstery in the chairs. 


 After I completed that project, I still had some toile that needed to be used up.  Feeling inspired by other's decor blogs, a month ago I made these throw pillows out of the left over toile and put them in the chairs in the family room. 

 Then of course there was the toile embellishment on the end table I recently redid.


I thought you might like to know where I put it.


I am still working on accessorizing and adding more to that area. The cute little owl, I picked up at the thrift store for .75. The lamp was one that was in another room that was not being used. The candlestick was white, I painted it black. I plan on doing something interesting with the lamp shade, but am not quite sure yet.  I am still mulling over that one.

Linking to All Things Thrifty and Mustard Seed Creations.

5 comments: