Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You Light Up My Life

Nothing like a cheesy 70's song to get the theme of this post going. No offense if that is one of your favorites. ;-)

Today's theme is transforming mismatched candlesticks to give them a sense of cohesiveness in a grouping.
This particular candlestick I picked up at garage sale a month ago for $1.00.



This one was a thrift store find, for just $1.00 as well. I instantly thought that it would look great with some antiquing.

The candlestick on the left is actually quite pretty and is from Dept. 56. It is pretty on it's own, so I left it and put it in my studio on a shelf. The middle candlestick was heavy metal and I thought it would look great spray painted. The final candle stick is wood and I scored it for .75. 

So here is the magic that I was able to make with a can of Rustoleum's Heirloom White and a bit of tinted glaze.
I still may do some antiquing or glaze on a few of them.  But there you go, a nice and easy way to add some new decor to your home and tie several items together with the magic of spray paint.

5 comments:

  1. Give that girl a can of spray paint and she can do wonders. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) I noticed your picture on a comment you left on The Frosted Gardner! Looks like you are doing some very nice projects. Looking forward to following what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It continually amazes me what a can of white spray paint can accomplish!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Of course I love the way your candlesticks turned out!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh spray paint, is there anything you can't do?

    Not at my house.

    These look very trendy now, and I love the price tag.

    ReplyDelete