I had a Birthday on Wednesday. I am now the ripe young age of 37... which you guessed it, feels JUST like 36. Imagine that? More importantly, my two daughters and my husband made the day extra special for me.
.... and Mr. Dremel.
Oh yeah, they know me all too well. I have already taken the sander for a drive and the Dremel I look forward to using very soon. I am prone to hurting myself with power tools, and I am sure that my husband knew that the Dremel would be good to try out cutting some smaller objects without me doing some really serious damage to myself. I don't dare use our circular saw or compound miter saw - just yet. I may have used our reciprocating saw once... very briefly. Someday I will post pictures of my battles wounds... "Jeralee vs. The Power Washer." It involves skin getting ripped off - just in case you were wondering.
My dad called me on my birthday, and when I told him what I received as gifts, I think he was pleasantly surprised. My father is an architect and in his free time (whatever that is! ), he likes to work with wood and remodel their home. Growing up it seemed that our house was in a constant state of remodel. I have a few pieces of furniture that my dad has made for me over there years - a couple of end tables and a cedar chest. As the phone conversation continued, Dad told me that I need to get a scroll saw next.
Hmm... not a bad idea. However, I think a scroll saw is 4th in line after an air compressor, nail gun, and paint sprayer.
Who knew tools could be so much fun?


I knew! :) I got clamps for Mother's day...and I'm hinting for a band saw for my birthday :) Happy birthday, and congrats on the awesome presents.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday you young thing you!
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Thank you Heidi and Brenda!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birfday. I didn't know tools could be so much fun, in fact I still don't know how they can be ;)
ReplyDeleteWoot! love the new tools!
ReplyDelete