This mirrored silver tray - well, not REAL silver, I found at a garage sale a month or two ago for $1.00. I cleaned it up and it makes a great centerpiece focal point on my dining room table.
The hydrangeas are from my garden, and the lead crystal bud vase was a wedding gift from a former university piano instructor that I had over 16 years ago.
Here it is with a different set of flowers.
My brother and father gave my mom different bouquets of flowers for her birthday this past weekend. When it was time to pack up and leave the rental vacation home, my mother put them all in one vase and gave them to me, since she still had around 15 hours of driving to do to get home, and I only had a few hours. I have really been enjoying the bright colors.
Yesterday, on my way home from a Dr.'s appointment, my 9 year old and trusty thrifting sidekick wanted to stop at the Goodwill. She likes to look for clothes. Don't ask me why, she has a lot! However, that is her favorite thing to look for at garage sales and thrift stores.
I picked up this huge mirror for $9.99.
I love how it is reflecting my apple tree in this picture.
The frame is plastic, but nothing that a little spray paint can't fix. There was another mirror next to it, same size and same style, but it was white with some gold trim, and they wanted $20 for it. It was a no brainer, get the cheaper one. It is pretty heavy and I have grand plans of mounting it on the wall in my dining room. I have already primed and painted it, but am in the process of tweaking it. I hope to have it finished by tomorrow to show it to you.
I also picked up this cute little storage bin that can mount on a wall for only $2.99. I am going to paint it and hang it in my daughter's room and put books in it.
I have realized that Mondays just might be the best time to hit the thrift stores as everyone was cleaning out their garages and donating over the weekend. There was a lot of new inventory which I had not seen before.
Here is an awesome apothecary jar that I found at a garage sale two weeks ago for only $1.00.
I filled it with cotton balls and put it in my bathroom.





Great finds! I really love how you placed the flowers on the mirror on your table - I may have to steal that idea for my home!
ReplyDeleteI'm always on the lookout for an ornate mirror but no luck yet - good tip about Mondays!
XO
Lenore
loving those hydrangeas-just gorgeous! and that jar for a buck, total steal!
ReplyDeleteYou have got some great scores there! That mirror will look great, can't wait to see it finished. Happy Birthday for last week :)
ReplyDeletexx Karen
Awesome finds...hope you link up this Friday for my garage salen party:)
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo sorry to confuse you, but this is my Before and AFTER party...Friday is my garage salen party...you can leave the button up and link up Friday:)
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie, will do! Still pretty new to your blog. ;-)
ReplyDeleteGreat finds - I like that frame even if it's plastic. And I just figured out the Monday at Goodwill thing recently. They really do have a lot more stuff on a Monday.
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE the mirror! And the reflections are fantastic for your photo. Might want to frame this one.
ReplyDeleteBrenda
I really like the mirror, can't wait to see how it turns out. And the book holder, what a great idea!
ReplyDeleteGreat finds, Jeralee! I LOVE that tray -- I found one similar a few weeks back -- but I like yours better. Great job! :)
ReplyDelete