Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where She Stops, No One Knows.

My Apologies to those readers that were following my blog with great interest. You probably wondered what happened to me!

I was GUNG-HO for quite sometime in blogging all of my creativity. Then there was the recouping from major surgery, and about the time I was starting to feel a bit better, one of my best friends took her life a month ago. A tremendous blow, as you can imagine. I have been out of sorts for awhile, so creativity and blogging haven't been high on my radar. However, I am forcing myself back into channeling my creative energies, and hope to have some things to show you in the coming month.

As for the "creative" aspect of things in the past 2 months...

Halloween came and went, and my 9 year old was determined to be R2D2 for Halloween. It added a few more grey hairs to my head, but I came up with a feasible idea as to how to pull this costume off.

Using a pop-up hamper, spray paint ( of course) and a stainless steel salad bowl, she was transformed into R2D2. My 11 year old, who happens to have a Halloween birthday, decided to go as Princess Leia. That was an easy one. She has long hair, I bought some white gabardine, made a few cuts here and there, and VOILA! It was done.

I used acrylic paint on the metal salad bowl, so that when I was done, I could just scrub it off and reuse the bowl again. Easy Peasy...

3 comments:

  1. ooh, yes, do post pictures of your home and your trees! thank you-i think it's fun to intertwine the 2 holidays, and i LOVE that you think the stocking placement is creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging her again. I'm sure it will help you a bit to channel your creative energy. Love ya sis. :)

    ReplyDelete