On the flip side, I walked around my yard and took pictures yesterday of what is still blooming. Crazy!
A lone columbine appeared this week.
Roses are still blooming.
As well as some daylilies.
A delphinium.
canna lilies.
Some of the hydrangeas have changed to a lovely shade of green, others are still pink.
Then of course the flowers that are supposed to bloom in the fall, like asters.
and mums.
I almost gave up on these mums this past Spring, because I thought they hadn't survived those few freezing days that we had last Winter. It came back... and then some. Love the color.
Now I just need to get back outside and do some serious deadheading, weeding, and general cleaning up!










Wow, I can't believe everything that is blooming in your yard. Mine is looking pretty dismal at this point and after the anticipated rain I am sure I'll have to wait until spring to see anything like your lovely columbine.
ReplyDeleteYour knitting projects are terrific. I particularly like your petal scarf, too cute.
Hope you are recovered from your surgeries... it hurt me just to read about it:)
Wow, so pretty! It's finally starting to cool off here, and I must say I'm a fall girl.
ReplyDeleteFall is my favorite time. Flower look good.
ReplyDeleteI love your flowers! My columbine is "resting" now. I was thinking it was dead, but I noticed everyone elses is doing the same here. My Hydrangeas are blooming. I love hydrangeas. Love your background on this blog. And, I am seriously considering painting my front door after seeing your project a long time ago. It has been stewing and working on my brain. It is an all wood door that is really in good condition, but it doesn't pop from the front and it is kind of hidden around the corner once you get into the driveway. I've decided that it needs to POP from the street so there is no question...now to decided on a color. And get it done before it is freezing around here. :)
ReplyDelete