Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lavendar Petals Scarf

I recently completed another quick knitting project.  This is a fun scarf that has a slot to slide the other side through. The pattern is aptly named, "Petals Scarf" by Jennifer Fleury, and you can find it on Ravelry. The pattern is suitable for beginners! I loved the pattern and will definitely be making more!


I used some yarn that I already had on hand, Plymouth Yarn, Baby Alpaca Worsted and used size 9 bamboo knitting needles. The yarn is of course super soft because it is 100% alpaca wool. The color number is 6071, and it may be a color that is discontinued, as I bought several skeins of this yarn from WEBS. Alpaca fiber is naturally very stretchy, so it is perfect for something like a scarf. This scarf took approximately 120 yards or about 60 grams of yarn to make, which  is roughly a skein, and then some.

Fall is definitely here, as I find myself knitting even more! However, the weather thinks it is still summer! I won't complain though, the wet Winter will be here before we know it! 

4 comments:

  1. i was just thinking where the heck have you been, lol, and here you are. cute scarf. my friend made me one as a gift last year, in green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that scarf Jer! And did you just take that picture recently? Your nose looks different. :) It actually looks really really good and this is a beautiful picture of you! Pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete