Yes, the door! The only thing left to do is clean up a few dried on paint drips that landed in places that they shouldn't have.
So, just to refresh your memory...
Here is how the front door looked 2 weeks ago.
Ugly, ugly, ugly. Inviting? Uh NO!
Fast forward to 2 weeks later, lots of sanding, lots of priming, more sanding, caulking, cursing, sanding... more cursing... painting... and more cursing.
Here it is!
It no longer makes you want to run and hide! The kick plate I primed and spray painted with metallic spray paint.
That is water on my front porch... Power washing is next on my list - the concrete that is, and not the front door. ;-) I am so happy to be done with this project, I can't even tell you!
Here is the other side of the door - interior.
The interior side was painted with Benjamin Moore's Satin Impervo, that I already had on hand and that matched the paint on the trim and molding around the door. I used a Purdy 2 1/2" paint brush to get in the beveled edges and grooves, and then used a foam roller to roll the paint on the larger sections.
The exterior was primed with Sherwin Williams oil based for wood.
Then I painted it with Benjamin Moore's - MoorGlo® 100% Acrylic House & Trim Paint .
I only needed a small pint of paint. It was a nice paint to work with. In general, I am a big fan of Benjamin Moore paints. They are some of the better paints that I have worked with.
If you get up close, there are naturally lots of flaws and lots of mistakes. It is not perfect, far from it, but this is a huge improvement.
Linking to:
Linking to:




holy moly, i love it. it looks so great, so bright, and so cheerful! excellent job!
ReplyDeleteamazing! inside and out! wow! that was a LOT of work, but doesn't it just make you SMILE! :) It makes me smile and I don't even live there!
ReplyDeletegail
Wow! What a difference. It looks wonderful. Great job!
ReplyDeleteJeralee your door looks fabulous!! What an amazing difference!! So glad you found my blog today and I'm following you now too. :) xo, Emily
ReplyDeleteBrilliant! Your entrance looks happy and cheerful. It says "come on inside".
ReplyDeleteThat was a beautiful door before ... but definitely not in the best shape. The white looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteHow can you not smile when you see that fabulous door?! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking it's time to tackle my door too... I'll know who to commiserate with when I lose sleep! : )
& the lights look fab too!
The door looks sooo good. Thanks for commenting on my chair. I'm sure you could do it too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a breath of fresh air - very inviting now. :)
ReplyDeleteNice improvement!
ReplyDeleteYour door turned out AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great change! Looks fantastic, so fresh!
ReplyDeleteMUCH better. I'd say the hard work paid off tenfold. Yes?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! :) It looks so welcoming! (and I suppose it should!!!)
ReplyDelete