I hopped in the car at 8:00 a.m. and drove to the home improvement store, picked up a can of Benjamin Moore exterior paint, made a quick detour into the garden section to buy a few more plants, and then home!
Eyes were heavy, but I guzzled a couple of cans of Diet Pepsi and just dug in and got to work.
Tired yes.
Done?
No.
But getting close. I am thinking of doing one more coat of paint tomorrow, and then calling that good.
Needless to say, I was a bit crabby and grouchy today, due to the heat and lack of sleep.
Here is just a teaser photo of the interior side of the front door.
Primer and all. It was in MUCH better shape than the other side of the door. I have a few touch up spots to finish, and then it will be done. The only obstacle that I ran into on this side, is that some of the crevices were filled in with clear silicone caulk.
That stuff does NOT like to be painted over.
Grr..
More sanding and more priming and I remedied the issue.
I primed the kick plate yesterday, and now I just need to spray paint it a metallic silver color. The brass was dated.
I also have plan to spray paint the exterior light fixtures and rid them of their brassy color.
I know it's been a lot of work. Be patient, take your time, and in the end you will smile! Smile every time you look at it. That will be your reward of a job well done!
ReplyDeletegail
i can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done. maybe i should do this...i love the two toned paint on the outside of our front door, but the inside is so boring. no raised panels or any interest whatsoever!
ReplyDeleteyour comment today really made my morning, please know that i greatly appreciate it! you rock!
i can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done. maybe i should do this...i love the two toned paint on the outside of our front door, but the inside is so boring. no raised panels or any interest whatsoever!
ReplyDeleteyour comment today really made my morning, please know that i greatly appreciate it! you rock!
You can do it! It's going to be so nice when you're done.
ReplyDeleteXO
Lenore
Looking good so far! Those painting jobs sometimes seem to go on forever! Many years ago I threw out my brushes and paint pans swearing I'd never do it again. Guess how many painting tools I've bought since then? :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck...you'll be so proud once it's finished!
xox
Nancy