It's a hot one out there. Low 90's for our part of the world. A bit too hot to finish the exterior of the door... too hot for this gal and too hot for the paint. I am thinking I am going to have to wait until early Monday morning to get the final coat of paint on. In the meantime, I will sit inside the air conditioned house and update the blog.
This morning I slept in, and then the girls and I went blueberry picking. We only picked 4lbs. before everyone was too hot to go much further. I am thinking that an apple blueberry pie is in order this weekend! Thankfully, blueberry season will go for a few more weeks at least. We hope to get out and pick quite a few more pounds. Last year we picked 14 pounds, froze most of it, and it still only lasted us 4 months!
My 9 year old pops blueberries into her mouth like they are candy. I can always count on finding her with her hand in the freezer and pulling a few berries out of a Ziploc bag. Needless to say, blueberries are her favorite fruit.
I drug the girls to only 2 garage sales today. They were being a bit non-compliant. I spent a whopping $.50 on a simple peg board/coat rack and $2.00 on this serving tray.
I was drawn to the detail in the wood. I have grand plans for it. They of course involve a can of Kilz primer, some paint, fabric, and decoupage. It is always nice to have a small project like this that can be completed in a day. Instant gratification.
Off topic...
I am the second oldest of 6 children. I have two sisters and three brothers. My youngest sister, Tiffany, is 10 years younger than I am. Tiffany has a product review site called "Babes and Kids." You may have noticed the button on my sidebar. Occasionally Tiffany shoots me an email and asks if I would be interested in reviewing a product for her website. Today I am guest blogging over at Babes and Kids. You can check out my latest review of Fibers.com, at Babes and Kids Review , here.



I love blueberries! And you pie sounds like it will be wonderful.
ReplyDeletethose blueberries look so yummy!!! and i know what you mean about when the kids are compliant and then you can't find anything! i try to keep my kiddos at home, but if i must take them yard-saling then i make it sounds really exciting. they are 3 and 4 so going hunting for trearures usually appeals to them, and usually i only have to spend 50 cents per child and they are thrilled with whatever trinket they get!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you're going to do with that tray. It was a steal and you're right...the detailing of the wood is incredible. I am the 3rd of six kids! But I wasn't lucky enough to have a sister :(
ReplyDeleteHave fun making your tray special again. Heading over to your review.
xox
Nancy
It's soooo hot here too! Blueberries would make me feel better...love the tray and can't wait to see the 'after'!
ReplyDeleteXO
Lenore
Yum. I am SO excited to come pick blueberries with you. They look divine and I think I will be popping them....along with candy. Thanks for the shoutout - your review was great :)
ReplyDeleteThose blueberries look DELISH, Jeralee! YUM! And that tray is going to be fabulous (I can tell!) :)
ReplyDelete