The stain color on the kitchen cabinets, stair railing, doors is all one color, and this is what it looks like.
The door color doesn't quite go with the white trim.
I was feeling ambitious on Friday night, so I pulled out some Kilz latex primer and went to work.
Then Saturday I finished it by lightly sanding and painting the door with some Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo
that I had on hand from a project 2 years ago. Very nice paint, but very expensive. I think it averages $50 for a gallon and that is what I painted my French doors with, per my contractor's suggestions. But it is a nice paint to work with. Anyway... so here it is!
Huge improvement I think... It would be nice to have doors with some panels in them, but for now this works. To the right, you can get a tiny glimpse of my kitchen cabinet color... not my fave, but once it's not so hot and I can stomach working out in the garage in this heat wave, I may tackle the daunting task.
Perhaps tomorrow I will reveal what is behind that door - if you don't already know. O.K.... no big secret. It's my half bath. I suppose if I lived in the South, we would call it a powder room? In my neck of the woods, we just call it a half bath. Anyway, it might be fun to show you what it look like before and what I have done with it so far.
So..........
One door down, 7 doors, 3 closet doors, 2 bathroom vanities and about 20 kitchen cabinets left to go.


You are very ambitious. Looks good.
ReplyDeleteLOVE your new door! What a huge difference it makes! You did a wonderful job -- and looks like you'll be doing more! :)
ReplyDeletewhat a huge improvement, you should be proud. i was thinking, and i am sure i saw it on a blog before, about attaching some moulding as if it was a paneled door. you know what i mean? i'm not sure if they nailed it or used some sort of super heavy glue, but i'm pretty sure you could diy some sort of raised panels. just wanted to put that option out there for you!
ReplyDeleteThe moulding on the door sounds like a great idea! Probably would glue it on since it it a hollow door.
ReplyDeleteIt looks great painted! Thanks for coming to my blog and entering the CSN Stores giveaway!
ReplyDeletePenny
Hi Jeralee and thanks so much for leaving a comment on my lamp makeover :) Your bathroom looks awesome, well done. The doors in my house were similar to yours, stained wood with painted surrounds...I painted all mine a light colour too and they look so much better!
ReplyDeletexx Karen
Excellent -- When I read you list at the end of your post, it sounded just like mine! Just take you time...you'll get it done. You do great work!
ReplyDelete