This past week has been insanely busy! Sunday we made a quick trip out of state to see my in laws before they flee to the south for Fall and Winter. Lots of driving. In three days we did 1160 miles... too much time spent in the car!
Also on my busy-ness..
I got a Cub Scout Day Camp out of the way today. I am the Committee Chair for our pack and had to plan, delegate, and carry out a Day Camp today. It was long, tiring, but fun! The boys had fun and things ran smoothly. Everyone followed through on their assignments. I am just happy that it is done!
I know what you are thinking, "But you have just girls and no boys?" They asked me to be the Chair for the pack a year ago and I said, "Sure!" At first I was out of my element, but then started to learn the ropes, get more training and feel more comfortable with the Cub Scout program. I have enjoyed it so far. I grew up in a scouting household and my mother has been involved with Cubs and Boy Scouts on some level for the past 20 years or so. All three of my brothers are Eagle Scouts.
So it's kind of fun, in an odd way... for me at least.
And finally, on the creative side, I have been painting a ton! The two dressers and bookcase are just about done and will be revealed in the next few days. I am excited where my creativity, some paint, fabric, and mod podge has taken me with one of my dressers. So much fun!
Glad it went well. Speaking of which, I have a desk that I want to paint the top black and I have no idea where to start. Maybe I will e-mail you pictures and pick your brain so that I can redo it :)
ReplyDeleteGlad day camp is over. You will have to fill me in on what you did. Excited to see the new reveal.
ReplyDeleteTiff - email a picture and what you had in mind and I can walk you through it/ give you some ideas.
ReplyDelete