Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just a few more things...

Garden and flowers are still growing like crazy. I am patiently waiting for the tomatoes to finally turn red. On just one plant, I have counted 21 green tomatoes. I can't remember what variety they are.

My other tomato plant is a golden pear/ cherry tomato. Actually is is more like a small tree, than a plant as it has gotten huge.

The lone pepper plant still just has ONE pepper. But it is getting bigger everyday.

The crookneck squash are doing well and there are several on that plant as well.









I thought I would also share a few of my flowers. My delphiniums really look great! I attribute that to lots of fertilizers. Delphiniums are heavy feeders.


The flowers in the hanging baskets and pots are doing quite nicely as well.  However, I am getting to that point in summer, where I am getting a bit tired of yard work.

And on another side note, I broke my promise to my hubby and picked up more furniture... I couldn't help myself.

I saw this dresser advertised on Craigslist for $15.00 and liked it! When I went to go see it and pick it up, the lady that was selling it said that she had a bookcase that I could have for free, if I wanted it.

Yeah, I like free!  Then when I came home, I found some loose change in one of the drawers of the dresser. So the bookcase and dresser ended up costing me a grand total of $14.83!  Not bad.

I did promise my husband I would get some projects completed soon! My goal is to have the bookcase, dresser, and this dresser :
completed in the next week or so.  I am having surgery in a couple of weeks and will be out of commission for doing big projects for awhile.
The dresser that is on casters has had all of the veneer stripped off of it, and I have primed it.
The bookcase is partially primed, and the newest white dresser, I am in the process of stripping the paint.

After getting them all primed, the hardest part is always trying to decide what color to paint them and if I should do some decoupaging or not.

I am going to have to think about that one a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Great scores! You know I say YES to paper detailing! Hope things go well with your surgery and can't wait to see the afters.

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are going to look amazing when you finished with them! Best wishes on a speedy recovery from your surgery.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope you're all right. Free is good! Very good. Hubby should have been pleased with that. Can't believe your 'maters haven't turned yet. I yearn to live where you do.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome piece...you will do a great job! Thanks for the chuckle this morning...I never thought about that, you are so right...they will need texting classes. That is another problem today. NO one talks to one another on the phone anymore. Thanks for you input.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi:) I followed a comment you left on An Oregon Cottage when it looked like you were an Oregonian... I always enjoy "meeting" other Oregon bloggers.

    Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I am waiting, rather impatiently, for red tomatoes as well. Our little yellow pear tomatoes are turning so that at least keeps me occupied.

    I was browsing around your blog and am impressed with all you accomplish! Your re-do's look terrific.

    ReplyDelete