Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby Cardi

I finished the Baby Cardigan I was working on.

The yarn.

 Early in the summer, when I was at St. Vincent de Paul's, I found a Ziploc bag that had 8 skeins of this yarn for only $1.50. I knew a good deal on wool yarn when I see it, no matter how crazy the colors were. The brand is OnLine Linie 157 Tessa Tweed and it is 100% virgin superwash wool.
This probably would have retailed for around $5.00 for a 50g skein. So I got a good deal. Now the colors, I wasn't crazy about, but I bought it anyway. I used about 3-4 skeins to make this cardi, that is supposed to fit a 6 month old baby. The pattern was easy, however the yarn kept splitting, so that was only slightly maddening. I tried multiple skeins and would repeatedly come across sections of the yarn that were split. Grrr. But for $1.50 for 8 skeins that WEREN'T acrylic, I can't complain.

3 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous Jeralee! Some little one is going to be very happy!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute. I can't knit or crochet anything but a straight line so I am always so impressed when I see someone that can. Thanks for stopping by and complimenting me on my TV cabinet turned console. That was sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete