The Cape on the Corner thinks I am a versatile blogger and gave me an award! She is passing on via:
I think I found The Cape's blog through one of the many decor blogs that was featuring a furniture link up party. I clicked on her blog, did some reading and liked what I saw. She makes me laugh and I get her sense of humor. I also like her take on life. She asked me to list 7 interesting things about myself. (Thanks Cape)!
1. I used to be an amateur boxer.
It was fun. I did it for 4 years, and stopped 2 years ago due to too many hand injuries. However, boxing did a number on my nose, and I suffered dearly. So now I am recouping from sinus surgery, a septoplasty and a functional open rhinoplasty. I had constant sinus headaches, infections, and severely impaired breathing that necessitated the surgery. This lead to two doctors, an ENT and a plastic surgeon, spending 6 hours working on my nose that had a septum that had split in two and pieces of cartilage that had collapsed and buckled obstructing my nasal passages.
Now I am sporting a new nose that has multiple cartilage grafts. I am looking forward to the day when things are less swollen inside and out and I can breathe fully and have less sinus issues. I am forever indebted to those two extremely skilled surgeons. I have since sworn off contact sports.
2. My friends and family refer to me as "Dr. Google" or "Internet M.D."
I do a ton of research on medical issues, and drugs... just because it is interesting to me. I have had family members and friends ask for my opinion on something medically related after they have been to their Dr. I find it humorous as in the grand scheme of things, I know absolutely nothing.
However...
Someday I may go back to school and do something health field related.
3. I am a straight shooter and like to "tell it like it is."
I have learned to just be me and not worry about impressing other people.
4. Being popular is not important to me.
I would rather have a few really close friends that I can count on. When I do find a good friend, I am fiercely loyal. I have been let down by friends before, and if I feel like I am getting used or burned, or they are not genuine, I step back quite a bit and take some distance from, or terminate the friendship.
5. I am lucky to be the parent of two incredible little girls.
I love being a mom to my two very different girls, one of which has developmental disabilities which has led me to be more patient. I have also learned a ton in researching her issues and how best to help her succeed in the world.
6. On my "Bucket List" is to learn how to fence someday.
This doesn't count as a "contact sport" in my book, since the face is protected and it is less likely that you would take a fist or foot to the face. LOL
7. I love Diet Pepsi.
There is something satisfying about the fizzy bubbles running down your throat. It puts a smile on my face everyday. I particularly like fountain drinks from white trashy gas stations.
Yes, I am addicted, and yes I realize that consuming it in large quantities is not the best thing for my health.
But hey, everybody needs a hobby.
So there you go!
I am passing on the award to:
Lenore at Lather.Write.Repeat
Tiffany at Babes and Kids
Brenda at Cozy Little House
Gail at My Repurposed Life


Very cool, I loved getting you know you a little better! You're like a little million dollar baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm terrible with filling out questionnaires but thanks so much for thinking of me!
XO
Lenore
You make me smile! I love your blog and you deserve a ton of awards, girl. :)
ReplyDeletei'm only just getting to your post-work has been busy and clearly i need to catch up on blog reading! thanks for the nice things you said about me, and how fun learning about you. a boxer? wowzers. and fencing has always piqued my interest!
ReplyDelete